- West Midlands flood warnings prompt 'remain vigilant' alert
- Upton-upon-Severn body: Man held on suspicion of murder
- Pershore Bridge flood-trapped drivers rescued as warnings remain
- West Midland trains face 'significant' disruption due to strikes
- Worcester University student in meningitis warning after collapse
BBC Suffolk News Feeds
- Acid attack victim Adele Bellis 'grateful for the NHS'
- Duchess of Cambridge opens hospice with 'army of little helpers'
- BBC Children in Need: 'I'm gay and I have no gender and that's fine'
- Lowestoft Bascule Bridge re-opens after fault fixed
- 'Noah's Ark' floating museum docks at Ipswich in first UK visit
- Whale carcass washes up on Felixstowe beach
- Suffolk library ban for person who defecated in sink
- Corrie Mckeague's brother bids to restore missing airman's sports car
- Overturned lorry closes A14 at Bury St Edmunds
- Grace Millane murder accused 'struggled to put body in suitcase'
BBC Somerset News Feed
- Yeovil Town v Dover Athletic
- Bath Prior Park's crayfish-damaged dam restoration work begins
- Heineken European Champions Cup: Bath pick England World Cup trio for Ulster game
- Jamie Roberts: Bath centre hopes to catch new Wales boss Wayne Pivac's eye
- Stourbridge zoo-escape stork spotted in Burnham-on-Sea
BBC Oxford News Feed
- Boy held after Oxford city assault victim dies
- The art of hunting down stolen treasures
- Man dies after being assaulted in Oxford
- RAF Benson pilot 'felt like a monster' after partner's attack
- Ivory and gold false teeth found in field up for sale at auction
- Boris Johnson Balliol College ban not going ahead
- England floods: Major disruption on trains as rain persists
- Blenheim Palace gold toilet theft: sixth person arrested
- Oxford United: Club agree deal to take over long-term lease of training ground
- Children in Need: Youth club helps young people with autism
BBC Birmingham News Feeds
BBC London News Feed
- Women's Super League: Tottenham Hotspur 0-2 Arsenal
- Terry O'Neill: British photographer to the stars dies aged 81
- Women's Super League: Chelsea 1-0 Manchester United
- Women's Super League: Manchester City 5-0 West Ham United
- Jennifer Arcuri says Boris Johnson 'cast me aside like some gremlin'
- The growing importance of the night-time economy
- England parking charges: Councils 'made £930m in a year'
- Richmond Green: Teenager stabbed during street fight
- Uber's paradox: Gig work app traps and frees its drivers
- Urban Flames: Young people's choir opens London's Jazz Festival
Have your say on voluntary sector infrastructure support and social prescribing development and support
Please see the information below on a consultation on voluntary sector infrastructure support and/or social prescribing development and support that is currently being undertaken.
Please take part and or circulate to your networks as appropriate.
Please click below for NALC's latest funding and grants bulletin.
This LGA produced guide provides advice and guidance on the publicity restrictions that should be observed by local authorities during the pre-election period.
What is purdah?
The term 'purdah' has come into popular use across central and local government to...
Friends of the Earth have produced a guide for local parish and town councils who are interested in how they can practically "do their bit" in addressing environmental and climate issues.
Click the link below to access the guidance.
Last year the government introduced regulations for public sector bodies' websites, which are applicable to local councils.
For websites published before 23 September 2018, they will need to be compliant by 23 September 2020. The Government Digital Service...
Tuesday 19th November 2019 - County Hall, Glenfield
The Leicestershire Neighbourhood Planning Network provides an opportunity for Neighbourhood Planning groups within Leicestershire to come together and share their experiences, knowledge and skills. The Agenda...
This year's #OurDay will take place on 19 November. Now a regular campaign fixture in the annual calendar, #OurDay is the Local Government Association's annual 24-hour social media marathon for local government, so gives local (parish and town) councils, councillors,...
The largest national gathering in the sector's annual calendar kicked off this morning with the NALC AGM followed by an thought provoking plenary by the NALC Chief Executive on the state of the sector and exciting initiatives being led by local councils across...
The National Association of Local Councils (NALC) has piloted its first-ever Peer Review at Chippenham Town Council in Wiltshire recently.
This exciting joint initiative between NALC and the Local Government Association (LGA), part of their joint work on sector-led...
Government has confirmed that the 3 year moratorium on the application of the referendum principles (sometimes known as "capping") to local parish and town councils is to continue for 2020-21.
However the Government 'remains concerned about the pressure placed...
Public Works Board lending is offered at a fixed margin above the Government's cost of borrowing, as measured by gilt yields.
The Treasury raised the margin over gilts to 100bps (one percentage point) in 2010, to better reflect the availability of capital finance,...
As always at this time of year we are publishing information to assist our member councils in ensuring that they are compliant and are fulfilling legal requirments placed upon them with regards to the annual audit process for all councils.
Councils which were...
Leicestershire & Rutland Association of Local Councils
Deputy Chief Executive (Training & Advice)
£30,000+ (pro-rata) depending upon experience. 30 hrs per week (potential to become full-time) & attractive pension
Leicestershire and Rutland...
At it's Board Meeting on 10th September 2019 the LRALC Board of Directors elected Cllr John Springthorpe as Chairman and Cllr Tony Hirons as Vice-Chairman for 2019-20. Both have served on the Board and previously the Executive for some time now, John as Vice-Chairman....
Unfortunately, due to staff illness, the Clerks 1 training planned for today (2nd September 2019) is cancelled. The LRALC office is contacting booked delegates to inform them of the cancellation.
Apologies for the inconvenience.
NALC has issued a revised version of its model Financial Regulations (FRs) which requires a relatively large number of amendments to be made to existing FRs used by councils that are based on the NALC model.
See below for the revised document and guidance on...