- Coronavirus: Streamlined Worcestershire may cope with cricket lockdown, says chairman
- Coronavirus: Coming 5,000 miles to die for the NHS
- Coronavirus: West Midlands Railway offers new timetable
- Coronavirus: Special needs parents in 'survival mode'
- Coronavirus: Rescue for Brits stuck in India 'too little, too late'
BBC Suffolk News Feeds
- Newmarket schoolgirl, 11, starts 'blue heart' campaign for NHS
- Rickshaw volunteers in Bury St Edmunds deliver supplies to those in isolation
- Coronavirus: Ipswich woman's garden run raises hundreds for charity
- Coronavirus: 'Supergran', 94, discharged from hospital
- Coronavirus: Matt Hancock 'on mend' after 'mild' symptoms
- Man reunited with wedding ring buried in Suffolk field after 20 years
- Coronavirus in UK: How many confirmed cases are there in your area?
- Coronavirus: Former BBC radio presenter dies with virus
- Coronavirus: 'Thousands' join virtual fancy dress party
- Peter Wright on practising in isolation with a fellow world champion
BBC Somerset News Feed
BBC Oxford News Feed
- Coronavirus: Kite festival in Kirtlington Park postponed
- Coronavirus: Evicted NHS surgeon launches website
- Coronavirus: Farmer ploughs giant NHS in Glympton Estate field
- Lower Heyford one-way signs to stop walkers getting too close
- Coronavirus: David Cameron's tutor Prof Peter Sinclair dies
- Coronavirus: Military help South Central Ambulance Service
- Coronavirus: UK considers virus-tracing app to ease lockdown
- Coronavirus: Thames Valley Air Ambulance calls for PPE donations
- Dorchester-upon-Thames man jailed for coughing in officer's face
- Dog rescued after chasing rat up waste pipe in Oxford
BBC Birmingham News Feeds
- West Bromwich Albion chief executive Mark Jenkins takes temporary 100% pay cut
- Coronavirus: Tech firms summoned over 'crackpot' 5G conspiracies
- Coronavirus: English cricket coach in Argentina lockdown
- Nurse deaths 'inevitable' from coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Birmingham and Merseyside masts set on fire over false 5G claims
BBC London News Feed
- Coronavirus: Public urged to follow 'mission-critical' rules
- Coronavirus: ExCel U-turns on charging NHS for hospital site
- Coronavirus: Sophie Raworth's deserted London
- Coronavirus: Two Pentonville Prison staff members die
- Coronavirus: How a church sings when the choir can't meet
- Coronavirus: Five London bus workers die, union confirms
- New Labour leader Keir Starmer vows to lead party into 'new era'
- Coronavirus: Moving back in with the parents
- Coronavirus: Coming 5,000 miles to die for the NHS
- Coronavirus: New supermarket workers share their stories
As previously informed, all LRALC training courses are currently suspended. However, we are currently making plans to commence delivering training and briefings online. We are looking at online platforms and will inform members as soon as we are in a position...
If you are visiting this site as a councillor from a member council and are looking for information and support for your council during the current crisis you can find this on a special non-public page on our website, the link for which has been sent to all...
Leicestershire County Council has established a £1m fund to support the local voluntary and community sector, during the current Coronavirus pandemic.
Charities, constituted voluntary and community organisations and social enterprises can apply for a...
Please note that as of Monday 23rd March the LRALC office is closed in line with government advice. Please note:
- The answer machine WILL be checked daily, please leave a message and we WILL get back to you (but leave a number!).
- Use the "ticket" system to place...
Leicester County council has taken the decision to cancel the Biodiversity training for the 19th and 23rd March.
This course will hopefully be reschedule later in the year.
LRALC's training courses are continuing as normal at present in line with government advice (as at 12:10 16th March 2020). IF the government advice on social distancing changes in a way that impacts on our training courses we will inform all member councils...
While we expect we will be able to continue to work as normal, it is worth preparing for all eventualities, especially as it is likely that any closure, etc, would be imposed on us rather than being something we had control over.
Having considered our different...
Following the information in today's round robin for member councils please see an additional update from NALC below.
As the Coronavirus situation develops, we all should be using government advice to inform decisions and be checking that advice...
PKF Littlejohn have informed us that their webinar (designed to assist councils complete the audit process smoothly) will be available on line shortly (March 11th). We will make the link available via this webpage, round robin, and other channels as soon as...
The Smaller Authorities Audit Appointments (SAAA) has distributed common errors with the public rights period and completion of the Annual Governance and Accountability Return form (AGAR) compiled by PKF Littlejohn, our External Auditor for Leicestershire...
VE DAY 75 – 8TH MAY 2020:
A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO PAY TRIBUTE
TO THE HUGE CONTRIBUTION OF WOMEN DURING THE DARK DAYS OF WWII
VE Day 75 provides an exceptional opportunity to pay tribute to the millions of women who contributed so much to the war effort...
Following NALC's prioritisation of the climate emergency and steps to tackle it, the LRALC Board has decided to make information and resources available to those member councils who wish to take practical steps.
Following the publication on our website of the...