- West Midlands flood warnings prompt 'remain vigilant' alert
- Upton-upon-Severn body: Man held on suspicion of murder
- Pershore Bridge flood-trapped drivers rescued as warnings remain
- West Midland trains face 'significant' disruption due to strikes
- Worcester University student in meningitis warning after collapse
BBC Suffolk News Feeds
- Acid attack victim Adele Bellis 'grateful for the NHS'
- Duchess of Cambridge opens hospice with 'army of little helpers'
- BBC Children in Need: 'I'm gay and I have no gender and that's fine'
- Lowestoft Bascule Bridge re-opens after fault fixed
- 'Noah's Ark' floating museum docks at Ipswich in first UK visit
- Whale carcass washes up on Felixstowe beach
- Suffolk library ban for person who defecated in sink
- Corrie Mckeague's brother bids to restore missing airman's sports car
- Overturned lorry closes A14 at Bury St Edmunds
- Grace Millane murder accused 'struggled to put body in suitcase'
BBC Somerset News Feed
- Yeovil Town v Dover Athletic
- Bath Prior Park's crayfish-damaged dam restoration work begins
- Heineken European Champions Cup: Bath pick England World Cup trio for Ulster game
- Jamie Roberts: Bath centre hopes to catch new Wales boss Wayne Pivac's eye
- Stourbridge zoo-escape stork spotted in Burnham-on-Sea
BBC Oxford News Feed
- Boy held after Oxford city assault victim dies
- The art of hunting down stolen treasures
- Man dies after being assaulted in Oxford
- RAF Benson pilot 'felt like a monster' after partner's attack
- Ivory and gold false teeth found in field up for sale at auction
- Boris Johnson Balliol College ban not going ahead
- England floods: Major disruption on trains as rain persists
- Blenheim Palace gold toilet theft: sixth person arrested
- Oxford United: Club agree deal to take over long-term lease of training ground
- Children in Need: Youth club helps young people with autism
BBC Birmingham News Feeds
BBC London News Feed
- Women's Super League: Tottenham Hotspur 0-2 Arsenal
- Terry O'Neill: British photographer to the stars dies aged 81
- Women's Super League: Chelsea 1-0 Manchester United
- Women's Super League: Manchester City 5-0 West Ham United
- Jennifer Arcuri says Boris Johnson 'cast me aside like some gremlin'
- The growing importance of the night-time economy
- England parking charges: Councils 'made £930m in a year'
- Richmond Green: Teenager stabbed during street fight
- Uber's paradox: Gig work app traps and frees its drivers
- Urban Flames: Young people's choir opens London's Jazz Festival
Amersham Art Group
Amersham Art Group have meetings as follows:
Dec 3rd Christmas Party,
Feb 4th 2020 Workshop (bring own materials).
Santa’s Winter Wonderland
Experience the magic of Christmas at Amersham Field Centre Elf School.
Santa and his elves are visiting Amersham Field Centre to train a new generation of Elf Helpers. Meet some of Santa’s top elves as you train as an Elf, explore our winter woodland and make a Christmas decoration in the Elves’ Workshop. Meet Santa in his grotto and receive your Elf School graduation certificate, elf hat and small gift.
A fun and active way for the whole family to start the Christmas season
Dates: 30/11/19 (10-midday & 1-3pm), 07/12/19 (10-midday & 1-3pm) , 08/12/19 (10 – midday)
Venue: Amersham Field Centre, Mop End, Amersham, HP7 0QR
Cost: £14 per child, £4 per adult Booking essential
Further info: firstname.lastname@example.org, 01494 721054
Charity Christmas Concert Thursday 19 December 2019 7.30pm
Friends of the Belarusian Children’s Hospice (UK) (reg charity 1116116) and AMCHOR (reg charity 1057791) present a Family Christmas Concert
Venue: Amersham Free Church, Woodside Road, Amersham HP6 5AJ.
Carols and Christmas music for all ages.
Concert starts 7.30pm, followed by refreshments for which a donation is invited.
Tickets £10 adults, £5 children aged twelve and over; under 12s free.
Available on the door or contact box office on 07702 608314
Doors open from 7pm
The players of The Chiltern Camerata make a welcome return to the Amersham Free
Church for the first in its 2019/20 season of concerts.
The concert, under the baton of guest conductor Simon Walton, is themed ‘Dance’ and
includes music by Brahms, Piazzolla, Parry, Rautavaara and Anna Semple.
Reflecting the theme ‘Dance’, the concert includes compositions by Brahms, Parry,
Piazzolla and Rautavaara
Brahms is represented by his ever-popular ‘Liebeslieder’ Waltzes. Originally for
voice and piano, these are performed in an arrangement for strings.
Parry’s contribution is in the form of his gorgeous ‘English Suite’ for strings,
composed in 1914
Early English music of Purcell brings a suite of dances from The Fairy Queen,
arranged by Simon Walton
The atmosphere heats up with dance music by the vibrant Argentinian composer Astor
Piazzolla in special arrangements by Simon Walton.
The entertainment continues with a vivacious suite ‘Fiddlers’ composed in 1952 by the
Finnish composer Einojuhani Rautavaara.
The talented young composer Anna Semple has also written ‘Tango’ for the orchestra,
which will receive its first public performance at this concert
time: 7.30 pm
venue: The Amersham Free Church, Woodside Road, Amersham, HP6 6AJ
cost: £12 (accompanied under 18s free)
event email: email@example.com
event web: http://www.chiltern-camerata.org.uk
event tel nos: 01494 481146
Whether it’s your family’s favourite tradition or you’re
a first time festive fundraiser, Santa Dash is the
perfect way to kick start your Christmas! Sign up to take
part in our 2.5 mile fun run through Hemel town centre
and Gadebridge Park.
Whether you choose to skip, stroll, sprint or scoot the
route the difference you make will go far beyond the
date: Sunday 15th December
time: 10:00 – 13:00
venue: Riversdie Shopping Centre
cost: £5 – £40
event email: firstname.lastname@example.org
event tel nos: 01442 869555
Model Railway Exhibition
19 Working Models and Displays
Self drive Lego Train
Light refreshments available
date: 26th October 2019
time: 10:30 to 5pm
St John’s Methodist Church,
60 Woodside Road,
cost: Adults £4; Children £2; Families (2+2) £10
event email: email@example.com
event tel nos: 01494 875904
A special Christmas event
Come and find out about how Christmas was celebrated in the past. At this special Christmas event the Museum s historic buildings will be decorated traditionally for Christmas and brought to life by costumed characters.
Visitors can meet Father Christmas and hand deliver their Christmas lists to him.
The reconstructed Victorian toll house will be decked with holly and ivy gathered from the woods and illuminated by candles and firelight, creating a warm, festive flair. The 1940s Prefab will show how people celebrated a restrained wartime Christmas enlivened by make-do-and-mend decorations.
There will be a small artisan Christmas market and the Museum s shop will be full of handmade products made by local crafts people including jewellery, candles, preserves and gin perfect for a bit of Christmas shopping!
Standard admission prices apply. Free standard admission for annual pass holders.
date: 7 – 8 December 2019
time: 11am – 4pm
venue: Chiltern Open Air Museum, Newland Park, Gorelands Lane, Chalfont St Giles, Buckinghamshire, HP8 4AB
cost: £6.50 – £10.50
event email: firstname.lastname@example.org
event tel nos: 01494871117
Amersham Art Group have art demonstrations as follows:
5th Nov Niki Bell – Watercolour Cats.
Dec 3rd Christmas Party, all welcome.
All in the Amersham Community Centre, starting 7:30pm-9:30pm.
£5 for non members.
More information & booking: http://amersham-art-group.org.uk/, email@example.com or calling 01494 771760.
The Firewalk Challenge
Walk on fire by joining us in The Firewalk Challenge
2019, the ultimate test of mind over matter! Do you want
to do a fundraising challenge that’s fun, exciting,
daring and different? Amaze you friends and family, and
yourself by walking on fire!
After training, participants one by one are given the
opportunity to walk across the 20 foot fire lane which
will be 1236 degrees Fahrenheit!
date: Saturday 2nd November
time: 14:30 – 17:30
venue: 1Life Abbey View Golf and Track
even temail: firstname.lastname@example.org
event tel nos: 01442 869555
Amersham Art Group have art demonstrations as follows: 1st Oct Susan Gray (www.susan-gray.co.uk/), 5th Nov Niki Bell – Watercolour Cats. All in the Amersham Community Centre, starting 7:30pm-9:30pm. £5 for non members. More information & booking: http://amersham-art-group.org.uk/, email@example.com or calling 01494 771760.
Full Details for those who want itOctober 1st 2019 Demonstration Susan Gray – see her website for her style www.susan-gray.co.uk/ November 5th 2019 Demonstration Niki Bell – see her website for her style www.nikibell.co.uk
Chiltern Open Air Museum s famous Halloween Spectacular returns on Friday 1st November.
For one night only, they’ll be opening their doors for a spooktacular family Halloween event that sees their historic buildings decorated and inhabited by costumed characters. This year the event will have a new spectacular fire performance with fire pits set out in the Museum s event field and a special timed spooky horse display.
Spooky stories will be told around the fire of the Iron Age roundhouse, you can grab some treats by visiting some of the historic houses before warming yourselves by the fire and toasting marshmallows.
Around the Museum grounds there will be lots of Halloween-themed crafts, activities and games for the whole family to enjoy. The very brave can explore the scary woodland walk but beware of the monsters that might be there in the dark! Younger children will enjoy the not-so-spooky walk and family fun storytelling.
Hot food and drinks will be available to purchase on the night, and children (and adults!) are encouraged to dress up for the event in Halloween costumes with a prize for the best!
This is an unmissable evening of spooky fun for all ages in the very unique and atmospheric setting of the Museum s historic buildings and woods.
Don t forget your torch it will be dark!
The evening starts at 5pm and continues until 9pm, with last admission at 7.30pm. Tickets are limited so pre-booking is advised. Early bird booking prices available.
date: 1st November 2019
time: 5pm – 9pm
venue: Chiltern Open Air Museum
Chalfont St Giles
cost: Adults £9.50, Children £14.00 under 4s free
event email: firstname.lastname@example.org
event tel nos: 01494871117
AMCHOR Autumn term – new members welcome!
Amersham & Chesham Bois Choral Society’s (AMCHOR) new term starts on Monday 2 September 2019. We will be rehearsing Lauridsen’s Lux Aeterna and Haydn’s Nelson Mass for our Winter concert on Saturday 7 December.
Rehearsals take place Monday evenings at the Free Church, Woodside Road, Amersham 8-9.45pm.
New singers are very welcome so do come along and try us out! We welcome singers for all parts but especially Tenors and Sopranos.